Tuesday, July 05, 2005

I'm baaaaaaack!

Wow, it feels like I've been gone forever! Which is weird because I've only had one post. Oh well, I'm still back in my mind!

Not much has really been going since the last post which was like 2 months ago so that tells you how boring I am.

Yesterday was the 4th of July which is weird that we live in America and we refer to a holiday the way British people regularly talk. 4-7-05.....that crap always confuses me.

I didn't do anything for the Fourth except get up at 4:30 in the morning to go to a sale at the scrapbook store.....exactly what I should've done. I was surprised to see how die hard other people are about SB stuff. The store was packed, and these women even got up early to put makeup on. Doesn't that say a lot about our culture that women don't want to be seen at 5 am without makeup on. Hell, I guess I can't say anything....I had mine on.

Then I headed to the grand city of Canyon for the Fair on the Square. I saw lots of people showing up with dogs and then I heard the rumor of a dog show. I was so excited that I would be seeing cute little doggies all morning. I went to the sign up table to pet some pooches and spotted a cute little Boston Terrier, the same dog that my mom has. I decided to sneak up behind him and get a pet in before he noticed me and that's when he turned around.........

It was the EYE OF DESTRUCTION!!! It was a complete mess. At first I thought it was a glass eye......and honestly I'm still not sure exactly what it was, but it was gross. So gross that the owner probably saw the look of horror on my face when I said, "Mmmm.....cute dog........??????".

But the mayhem didn't end there. One lady walked by with a little chihuahua that had a hat and sunglasses on. I just HAD to pet this dog. I made the remark that I really liked his sunglasses and the lady says, "He's blind." JEEZ! How many maimed dogs can be at this function?? Then I felt bad because it was like telling a blind person to "get this dog outta here!". It's just something that you don't say to a blind pet. I feel like it hurt his feelings more than his owner.

Luckily we didn't have to stay any longer for the fair so I got to go home and Sleep!!

No comments: